Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This is my first Blagel (bagel blog)

Well This is my first blagel, I decided to start this blog as a sort of journal into my personal quest to learn about baking. It all started about 6 months ago, I own a coffee house and the recession had finally caught up with me! Instead of people buying their four dollar skinny lattes with no foam, they had decided to cut down and buy regular old coffee. All the money is in the espresso drinks. During this time there was a local bagel place in town, that was kind enough to deliver us bagels every morning. I guess the times hit them too, because day by day the bagels we were recieving were getting smaller and smaller, harder and harder, and they went from being fully clothed to somewhat naked. So I thought to myself "this cannot be that hard?" I mixed and matched a few recipes I had found online to taylor the needs of the coffee driven public, and out came my first batch.......The light went on in my head and it was love at first bagel! I didn't know that a bagel could look or taste this way............. I have to go serve some customers and do my dishes, and then I will be back to finish the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment